Over 100 Books a Year
Publishing for More than 30 Years
Deeper Sales Analysis
Jacob Stevens, Managing Director of Verso Books, comments: This new reporting tool allows for sales analysis by customer, channel, format and category so that each aspect of the sales operation can be monitored in great detail. This allows us to quickly identify parts of their list that are under – or over – performing, work out why, and try to adapt. In addition to a wide range of flexible reports, there will be an instant graphical representation that can easily be adjusted to cover different categories and time periods.
At the moment I have to manually pull all of our sales from various distributors and retailers, including Verso’s own website, into Excel spreadsheets in order to see the whole picture. With Biblio Intelligence, all of our sales are consolidated in one place.
Jacob Stevens, Managing Director of Verso Books
Examples of how the data can be broken down include:
- By work, bringing together sales across multiple formats.
- By groups of editions, in order to assess comparable titles.
- By customer or channel, giving a view of online, trade, library, independent, direct, or other sales channels.
- By author, series, subject area, or target market.
- By imprint or publisher, in any currency used.
Rodney Elder, VP of Commercial Operations at Virtusales, comments: Publishers need this type of functionality to analyze sales and we are very happy to have produced something that will support Verso and others making optimal commercial decisions.